Today was Beckett and my last day of school at Morris Bye in Coon Rapids. I have to say, we will miss some of our coworkers and maybe a few students, but we always love changes in scenery. To celebrate, we went to Best Buy to get Beckett the latest DLC for his Elder Scrolls video game and to look at pricing on a new computer for me.
If you missed it on Instagram, two nights ago I went to update a few things on my blog and realized my computer wouldn’t start up normally. The screen was stuck on this strange error messgae:
I spent hours trying to troubleshoot it by googling everything about it and nothing I tried worked. It was a sad, sad day because I’ve had that apple desktop for a full 10 years. It was with me all through college and was what I still used to edit all my photos, videos, etc. Thankfully I had most things backed up on an external hard drive!
RIP, trusty computer with no name.
Today, being the sweetest husband, Beckett insisted on getting me a new computer to help me continue my dream of blogging and painting as my job (I use my computer to look up images as I make art too). I love how supportive he is of my dreams– even though they are distant hopes still.
In other news, my sis- and bro- in law are having a baby and we are over the moon happy for them! They have gone through so much on this journey to parenthood and to see them finally on their way is a blessing for sure! They had to do numerous rounds of IVF to get their miracle baby. Below is a watercolor painting of their cute little one as an embryo.
About the Outfit:
Since work today consisted of a meeting and finishing packing up Beckett’s classroom, I opted for a comfy, sporty #ootd. The ‘OH HEY VACAY’ top is still $8 at Old Navy, it’s not maternity, and it’s PERFECT if you are planning a trip this summer! I really like that it’s lightweight and soft too because otherwise I get too hot lately.
My shorts are old, but sooo comfy that I can’t help but pull them out every summer. I found a pair that is super similar online today for those of you who like comfy cute shorts. Here’s a picture of them:
Also, full disclosure, my hair isn’t this thick or long normally. I’ve been pretty open in past posts about wearing hair extensions sometimes and I am loving my new ones from Barefoot Blonde Hair in the color Brownstone. They have a free try-on service that helped me know which color to choose and I think Amber Clark is genius for coming up with that idea! Read my previous review here.
Blog Updates Pending:
Beckett helps me a lot with this website and this week we’ve been brainstorming lots of fun ideas to help us be able to serve you better by bringing you better, more regular and relevant content. Here’s a peek at what to expect:
- Mondays: Budget-Friendly recipes and artful meal ideas for the week. I’m not a great cook so this will be my personal challenge as a way to better myself and you. I think that if I can find and make good recipes, and bring them to you through this medium, any of you who also struggle with meal prep will benefit from what I “bring to the table.”
- Tuesdays: Outfit & mid-week inspiration to help ease you through the work week.
- Wednesdays: A painting tutorial for a fun painting you can do on your own or with your family. As a teacher I see every day the need for families to bond together and spend more quality time together so I want to be able to show you some techniques and ideas to help you create beautiful artwork alone or with your friends and family.
- Thursdays: Hair and makeup tutorials or beauty finds to help inspire your tresses or enhance your natural beauty! We all know that true beauty comes from within, but a fresh look sure feels great too! I will show you how I style my (thin) God-given hair to look thicker and also how to style long hair with extensions in easy work-week friendly ways.
- Fridays: Financial ideas to help you save more and invest smarter. Friday is actually going to be Beckett’s blogging day where I’ll give him **almost** free rein over the content that day. Beckett took over our finances almost completely this year and I am so proud of him for how much he has learned since the beginning of the year, and what he will continue to learn in the future.
- Saturdays: We want to hear from you because I want us to be friends. Some sort of a survey or comment section will be posted each Saturday with the goal of being able to get to know you readers better and hear more of what you want to see in the weeks to come.
What do you think of our schedule? Anything more or different you would like to see?