Since this is a holiday week in the USA (& Canada), I decided to forgo my usual weekly meal plan and instead give you a list (with recipes as needed) of my favorite all-American food!
A little research, including a visit to some sketchy Wikipedia pages and a number of blogs proclaiming to be food historians, went into this post because I wanted to bring you the most American foods I could. As you have probably guessed, a lot of American food is derived from recipes brought here from other places, but as with most things, we manage to put our own (sometimes more caloric) twist on things. I know quite a few of my readers are not in the USA so if you’d like to try some of our crazy American recipes, this week is the perfect time! 🙂
I’m going to split these foods into Main Courses, Desserts, Sides, and Drinks because that makes the most sense if you’re lookin’ for meal ideas this week!
- Pigs in a Blanket on a stick
- Sloppy Joes (aka bbqs)
- Reuben Sandwiches (if you are not from the USA have you had this before?)
- New England Clam Chowder
- Goulash (the delicious sister to hot dish)
- Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza
- Corn on the cob (this cooking method takes LITERALLY 3 minutes!!!!)
- potato salad
- Pasta Salad with Peas and Bacon
- Red, white, and blue fruit tray
- Patriotic fruit salad
- Fruit on a stick
- Apple pie with a flag or try making this star design… because there’s nothing more American than apple pie!
- Patriotic fruit pizza
- Angel food cake with with berries and whipped cream
- Patriotic lasagna cake
- All American Malt
- Sangria— looks good, but I can’t have any so enjoy it for me if you can!
- Captain America Kids Drink with cherry grenadine, blueberry koolaid, and, Pina colada mix, and cherry sprite.
- Berry drink that looks DELICIOUS!!!
- Red, white, and blueberry smoothies
You can follow me on Pinterest to see all of the recipes, home decor, and outfits I’m loving lately!
In case the above link doesn’t work for you here’s the direct link! https://pin.it/svj5lqqfnuuagp